7 Random Things
Vivian tagged me with the 7 random things meme. That was a good thing as it prompted me to post. Here are 7 things you never wanted to know about me.
1. I'm addicted to playing solitaire and Scrabble on my laptop. Too often I play them instead of doing things I really need to do.
2. I used to weave baskets and I've made over a hundred baskets in my life time. I sold most of them in a consignment craft shop. I stopped making them several years ago and have only made one since then.
3. The only things I've ever knit for myself in the 40+ years I have been knitting are two pairs of socks and two scarves.
4. I collect old needlework tools. I have thimbles, tape measures, tatting shuttles, sewing kits, crochet hooks, etc.
5. My mother's ancestors came to the Mohawk Valley around 1709 and helped settle this area.
6. The house I lived in while growing up was haunted.
7. I was very shy and hated giving oral speeches in high school so I would pick an offbeat topic to hold everyone's attention. I gave talks on fortune telling, voodoo, and life after death.
On the knitting front, things have been very disjointed. I am working on things but not finishing things. I have the second ponchette, a back-zip hooded baby sweater, a toddler pullover, and socks on the needles in various stages of completion. And I'm not very enthused about working on any of them. I did knit a pair of baby booties but that's about it. I'm trying to resist casting on for something new to break the boredom.
I hope everyone here in the U.S. has a nice Memorial Day weekend. We're packing up the 5th wheel and camping for the weekend. I can't wait to go!