Thursday, December 02, 2004

Christmas is coming - too soon!

If I'm going to put my blog address under my signature, I guess I'd better write some blog stuff! I've been putting off posting here because I really want to include pictures. But first I have to figure out how to get the pictures from my digital camera into this blog. Soon I'll sit down and figure it out.

In the meantime, I guess I should talk about my knitting. I'm trying to get some things done for Christmas presents. I know, I should never plan knitting projects for Christmas unless I've decided on them in January - of the previous year. But I did decide to try making felted bags for the 4 teenage daughters of two friends.

I bought a Plymouth Yarn pattern for felted bags made from two strands of Galway wool. My LYS doesn't have Galway so I bought Lopi to use instead. The first bag I am making from one strand of Lopi in denim blue and one strand in med. gray. The top is 6 rows of garter stitch in gray with 4 row stripes of blue and 2 row stripes of gray down the side. The bottom of the bag (4 rows of garter stitch) is gray and then it is the same up the other side. Then I sew up the sides and add i-cord handles. I've never done i-cord before but it doesn't look too hard. I know, famous last words.

Saturday I hope to get to a new LYS that just opened. Unfortunately, it's not here in town but is about 15-20 minutes away. Not too bad but I wish there was one closer. The only other LYS is also 15-20 minutes away. Scott keeps telling me I should open a yarn shop. I don't know how serious he is about this. Of course, if I could guarantee that I'd make enough money at it so he could get out of the plumbing & heating business, he'd let me do it in a shot. I'd like to open a small one in a local co-op. Then it could be open 7 days a week and I wouldn't have to be there all the time. Maybe I'll look into that and see what it would cost.

I may try playing with the one online picture of knitting that I have. It's a scarf I made from Patons Cha Cha and TLC last year for a gift for one of the above mentioned teenagers. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

Hi!

JenLa sent me over here to say hello. Which brings me onto my next subject. HELLO is a Blogger supported programme which allows you to down load pictures from hello to blogger, which will automaticly resize your pictures for you. It's a bit of a faff, downloading from your camera, to hello, to your blog. But it's free, and doesn't eat up your downloading GB on your broadband. BIG TIP: Read all the info you can about it because there are short cuts to make picture placing a bit easier.

Jx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home