Thursday, January 27, 2005

Today's subject is...

Socks! I've posted pictures of the wool socks I've been working on lately. Actually, these are the first socks I've finished. The white Lopi sock is from a free pattern by Dawn Brocco. I made the bulk of it while I was waiting in the hospital for Ariane to be released after her knee surgery. Now I need to make the second one. This sock has a V heel that I'm not real crazy about. It seems a bit narrow to me. Next time I make these, I think I'll try a different heel.

The House Socks by Fiber Trends are made from 2 strands of Patons Classic Merino Wool. They are as thick and warm as the Lopi one. I need to get these socks finished up and sent to Ariane and her two roommates. As cold as this winter has been, I'm sure they could have used them. It's supposed to get down to -18 F tonight. Man, that's cold!

I need to work on the Cascade Fixation socks I'm making for Rachelann. It would be nice to have them all done before her birthday in July. Don't laugh! I'm the world's worst procrastinator. They could easily sit around until the middle of July if I don't make a conscious effort to finish them.

I have Nancy Bush's "Knitting on the Road; Sock Patterns for the Traveling Knitter". I'd like to try some of these socks, too. They're a little more ambitious that the ones I usually make.

I think Sue wants to learn to make socks. She won't have any problem doing them. She just needs a little encouragement on turning the heel. Donna already knows how and has made several bulky wool pairs to be worn as slippers.

Well, I think I'm going to go work on the wristlets I started tonight. They are a simple pair out of Family Circle Easy Knitting Fall 2004. My hands get cold at work when I'm typing on the computer. I started a pair with half fingers but I'm not sure I'm doing them right so I'm going to do this easy pair. But that's a subject for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home