Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I need elves!

I've decided that I need elves! Santa has elves - I want elves!! Elves would do all those things that I need to do but haven't done yet.

I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. Way too many things going on.

I almost have the felted bags done. The lavendar and taupe one for Kelcie just needs the handles sewn on. I made Allie's in black Patons Classic Wool with a narrow red stripe at the top. I just need to sew the handles on this one, too. Then I'll felt them together. I bought another zippered lingerie bag so I can do them in separate bags. I gave up on the Cascade socks for now. There was no way I was going to get them done by Christmas. So I knit another Lopi bag to felt for Rachelann. This one is in black and pale rose. I have to sew up the sides, make the handles, sew them in and felt it. I probably won't have time to finish these until Thursday, though.

Tomorrow Scott's sister, Danalee and her husband, Leon, and her oldest son, Dan are coming to dinner. Danalee and Leon live in Syracuse but Dan lives in Los Angeles. We haven't seen him in 3 years. After dinner, Scott's other sister and his two brothers and their wives are coming for coffee and dessert. Dinner is going to be simple - tortellini soup for Scott and whoever else doesn't want meat and minestrone with turkey meatballs for the rest of us. Plus a nice loaf of french peasant bread. That will leave us room for dessert. I baked yesterday and today, and Danalee is bringing cookies, too. I'm not really happy with any of the cookies or fudge I made but I guess they will do. I also had to make cookies for the live Nativity at church tomorrow night. We won't be able to go but at least I'll get my cookies there.

I also started a scarf for Scott's niece, Megan. I'm making from one strand of Skacel Poker and one strand of Skacel Gatto. I'm doing it in stockingette stitch on size 11 needles. It's very soft. The Poker is lt.pink, dark pink, white, and light green. The Gatto is a blend of pink, blue, purple and dark peach. They really go together nicely. I'm more than half done with it and don't see why I won't get it done by Christmas. This is not going to be a cheap scarf, though. The yarn cost me almost $40.00. I bought 3 skeins of the Poker (88 yds each) and 2 of the Gatto (93 yds each). I hope it comes out long enough. I don't have time to go back up to Indigo Yarns for more Gatto. I'll have a lot of Poker left so maybe I'll do fringe.

I have not wrapped a present yet. Scott did mine last night and tonight and got Danalee and Leon's done. We're going to be busy Thursday and Friday!

I have lots to do in the morning before work so I'm going to stop here and go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home