Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

Okay, so it isn't an original title but it's appropriate.

Much time has passed between posts again. I did finish all my Christmas knitting before Christmas day. Well, almost. The bags were all felted on Thursday night. They turned out really well. I finished knitting Megan's scarf at 1:30 a.m. Christmas morning. I fringed it after we opened our gifts.

We take forever to open gifts. The four of us sit around the living room and Scott gives everyone a gift. We each take our time opening the gift we have and then we discuss what we got. Then we go on to the next gift. We started at 9 a.m. and finished at around 12 noon. That includes the half hour breakfast break we took at 11 a.m. I hear about families that tear through their gifts and can't understand it. We really enjoy taking our time. Makes Christmas last a little longer.

This past Wednesday Ariane had knee surgery in Rochester. We got up a 2:45 a.m. and left here at 4 a.m. We got to the hospital around 6:15 a.m and saw her before she went in for the operation. She was in surgery for 3 hours and recovery for 1 1/2 hours. We spent the rest of the day with her, then went to dinner and back to her apartment for the night. We got back to the hospital around 8 a.m. and found she had been throwing up a lot. Apparently the morphine drip didn't agree with her. They finally got some anti-nausea medicine in her that worked. Then we had to wait for the physical therapist to visit. She was having calf pain so the resident doctor ordered an ultrasound to be sure she didn't have any other clots. She was clear so we finally checked her out around 2 p.m. We brought her back here to Herkimer for the weekend. She can't put any weight on her leg for a month. She has to be back in Rochester on Monday to begin her physical therapy. After that she'll be on her own. Luckily her roommates are really good about helping. She should be able to drive since it was her left leg that is incapacitated.

In the waiting room I made a little cabled bookmark and 3/4 of a two needle mitten. The second day, I started a sock out of white Lopi. The sock is coming along very well. I'm using size 6 needles so it's very tight. I think socks are going to be my passion of 2005.

It's getting late and I'm very tired. I still haven't played around with posting pictures but I hope to soon. Life has just been way too hectic around here lately.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I used to have this lopi sock pattern. I loved it! I lost my copy of my pattern though and I can't find it anywhere on the net :-(.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home