Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Non knitting content

Today I have posted a few pictures of a crazy quilt square that I did a couple of years ago. It was a round robin so I only did part of it. I cross stitched the pansy and used it as one of the fabric sections on the square. I sewed all the different fabric shapes onto a muslin backing and sent it out to about 10 other people. They each added a design on either the seams or one of the fabric shapes. The work that was done on this square is magnificent! If you want to see more of the sections close up, go to http://photos.yahoo.com/suefaye13350 where I have added a couple of albums. One is for the crazy quilt square and the other is of a couple of cross stitch round robins that I did almost 10 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long.

I made a hat for Alek the other night but I think it's too short. I'm going to try another one on a larger needle. I'll also add more rows into it. I took a picture of it on a stuffed bear. Not the best picture but you get the idea. I made it out of Patons Classic Merino wool. I got the pattern from the 2004 issue of Knit It! by Better Homes and Gardens. It was really quick to make. I started it Saturday night and finished it Sunday. It's so fast that I'll probably make a few of them to send to Oswego. Alek can take his pick and give the rest to his roommates if they want them.

Carol is a grandmother as of Saturday night. James Karlyle made his entrance at 11:09 p.m. I'm making him a sweater set. The sweater is done except for the buttons and the hat is started. Then I'll make a pair of socks to go with it. He's a little peanut - 6 lbs., 7 ozs., 19". The sweater will fit a six month old so it'll be a while before he wears it. Maybe I should do a smaller one first.

Craft night was here last night. Sue, Carol, Donna, and Diann showed up. We had a nice visit. The next knitting group at the library is tomorrow night but I don't know if any of us are going. I'll probably decide tomorrow if I'm going.

Well, I guess it's that "get ready for work" time again. Enjoy the pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home