Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day greetings

I hope everyone is having a nice Memorial Day. The sun is shining and the day promises to be very nice here. We are having a picnic this afternoon with the Tripps', my mother, and our new minister and his family. It should be fun.

I have been knitting lately even if I still haven't finished anything. The dishcloth pattern baby blanket is moving right along. I should start the decrease portion soon. That's my mindless computer knitting.

I started a baby sweater in the petal pattern that was posted to the Baby Sweaters group. I finished the first 8 row repeat but haven't worked on it in a couple of days. It's lace so I have to pay close attention when I'm working on it. I also started a baby sweater from the Leisure Arts "Precious Layettes" book. I'm using sport weight yarn and size 7 needles so it's going to be newborn size instead of 6 month size. I've made quite a few of these sweaters so I know it works up quickly. It will go to one of the two new charity groups I joined this weekend.

Actually I rejoined God's Tiny Angels. I belonged to this group a couple of years ago and I don't remember why I unsubscribed. I probably wasn't contributing much at the time. I did enjoy the group to I joined again. And then I joined Charity Crafting. I like donating baby items.

And that's about it for today. Hopefully, I can post some new progress pictures in the next couple of days. Maybe even a picture of a completed baby sweater!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home