Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Fidelity is boring.

My marriage is just fine, thanks. But I got your attention, didn't I?

I'm talking about being faithful to one knitting project. If you've read any of my previous posts, you know how fickle I am when it comes to completing a knitting project. Especially one that takes more than 2 days. I tend to get distracted easily. But for the past week, I've only worked on the Wool Peddler's Shawl. (Well, except for the brief interlude when I did another 10 row repeat on the Branching Out scarf but it was only once!) It's easy to work on while I'm reading email so I pick it up quite often. And I don't have another project that has to be done for a deadline. Except for Rachelann's socks and they don't have to be done until the end of July. Of course, a triangular shawl is faster to knit in the beginning when there are fewer stitches per row but it's still moving along. Now we'll have to see what happens when I get to the lace pattern. I hope it's easy enough to hold my interest.

Look at the cool stuff Christine sent me for the Yarn Yoga Tool Swap. I told her that she did a good job picking out things that I don't have. I almost didn't sign up for the swap because I have so many knitting tools and gadgets. In addition to the ones I've bought for myself, I have all the ones my grandmother and mother used to have plus a bunch that a woman at church gave me since she doesn't knit any more. But Christine came through. She sent me a set of size 19 bamboo needles. These things are huge! They'll be great for making really quick afghans and scarves. (And we know how much I like "quick" projects!) Or a nice garter stitch shawl. And don't you just love the cute little knitting spool?! I can make all kinds of things with the cord that makes. And, then, because she only sent me two things (although those bamboo needles are expensive!), she dropped in a skein of Berrocco Optik yarn in really cool colors. All I can say is "Thanks, Christine!!"

That's all the news on the knitting front for now. I have to go update my new blog What a 'novel' concept. Check it out if you have a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home