Friday, May 20, 2005

Felted bag

You can see from the photo I posted yesterday that I started making a felted bag. I'm using a pattern I bought and Reynold's Lopi yarn. This is the same pattern I used to make 4 felted bags for Christmas and I know it works up quickly. It should on the size 13 needles I'm using. I'm making it for the Felted Bags KAL (which I still haven't added the button for). I'll try to do that today. The picture shows the bag done to the half way point. It's knit from the top garter stitch border, then in stockingette stitch to the garter stitch bottom, stockingette stitch back up the other side to the final garter stitch border. Sew the sides, make i-cord handles to sew on, and you have a bag ready for felting. Very, very easy. If you want to see the photos of the Christmas bags, check my Yahoo photos at Photos.

I haven't completely abandoned my Wool Peddler's shawl, though. Since I'm still doing the garter stitch portion, I have been working on it while walking on my treadmill. I find I'll stay on the treadmill a little longer if I have a book to read and my knitting to work on while I walk. I can't walk quite as fast when I'm knitting but if it keeps me on it longer, that's okay.

Tomorrow 3 of my 4 sisters and I are going to plant flowers on my father's grave. Since the cemetary is about an hour away and in the Adirondack Mountains, we're making a day of it. We'll plant the flowers and then head for Old Forge to do some window shopping and have lunch. Old Forge is a small Adirondack town that has several gift shops, a water theme park, and lots of camps on the lake. We love it up there. I just hope the black flies aren't too bad yet. Oh, and did I mention that the Old Forge Hardware is now carrying yarn? The Old Forge Hardware store is not just nuts and bolts. It is a huge store with just about anything you want. There are housewares, building supplies, gift items, a nice book section, toys, baskets, lawn furniture, etc. It's stuffed to the gills with all kinds of fun stuff. I usually hit the books and the yarn. Because that's what I do! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home