Wednesday, January 13, 2010


I've managed to finish up a couple of projects that have been hanging around a while. First is the Noro Striped scarf I started in August. I finished it just before Christmas. It was made because I wanted to see how the colors went together. When it was finished, I wasn't sure who would want it.

Scott's niece, Megan, came over the day after Christmas and when I showed it to her, she loved it. So Megan now has a new scarf. I wonder if she loves it as much as the wedding shawl I made her?

Next to be finished were the lined mittens that I started for Scott last January. The two inner mittens were knit from Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK and the outer mittens were knit from Malabrigo Worsted. He's been wearing them but I need to wash and block them. They are warm as long as the wind isn't blowing so I hope washing them causes the yarns to bloom and be a little warmer.

Project three is a pair of two needle mittens knit from some handspun I bought at a local craft fair. The yarn is fairly primitive looking. When I was winding the hanks, the yarn kept separating where she drafted it. (I'm not a spinner so I may be using the wrong terms.) I thought it would be good yarn to use for charity mittens. It should be fairly warm. One has been washed to see if it softened up any. It did soften some. Now I need to wash the pair to soften them even more.

The final project shown wasn't an Unfinished Object. It's a Toddler's Knitted Helmet by Sandrine Turner, I used the leftover Plymouth Encore Colorspun from the Little Flap Cap that I made for my niece's daughter. It's an easy pattern. I forgot to do the increases right after the cuff so I added extra ribbing rows around the face. It's sitting in my finished basket waiting to see where it's headed. I'm thinking charity.

Scott has continued to improve although not fast enough for him. He starts cardiac rehab soon which he hopes will help him recover faster. I hope so to.


Post a Comment

<< Home