Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's getting better...

Scott still hasn't had his surgery but we are both feeling somewhat better. We went to the hospital for his pre-op screening and after 7 hours of meeting with everyone associated with the surgery and having every detail explained, we left feeling very reassured about the whole process.

Tuesday I went to the dentist and within half an hour, the bad tooth was out and I was on my way home. I didn't realize how nervous I was until it was over. I also didn't realize how nervous Scott was about my tooth extraction until I came out of the exam room and found him waiting in the front office. Totally unnecessary but sweet.

I felt good enough Tuesday to go to my knitting group that night. That always improves my week.

Alek came in from North Carolina today and Ariane is coming home tomorrow. We leave for the hospital bright and early Friday morning. Scott's youngest sister is also coming so I decided that I'm bringing travel games and we're having a party in the waiting room. The surgery is 4-5 hours long so we need something to keep us occupied. I, of course, will have a couple of knitting projects, too.

I finished another flap cap this morning. These are so much fun to make. I think I'm going to start another one.



Bernat Berella 4 acrylic yarn in pink, soft fern, and white
US 7 needles

I have more colors of the Berella 4 that I would like to use but next time I'm going to use a size 8 needle. The pink hat will be warm but the fabric is a little firm.

That's all I have for now. I want to thank everyone who has sent good thoughts our way. It really means a lot.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Still keeping you on my list! (but I'm very glad the tooth is gone...and you're feeling more confident about the surgery!)
(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home