Thursday, May 30, 2013

What happened to Spring?

The weather certainly has been crazy lately. It's either barely above freezing or in the 80's. Today it's in the 80's and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter. Sheesh!

 So here are a few of the latest baby items that I've knit. First up is another Concentric Stripes sweater and hat. The yarn is Plymouth Encore Worsted in lime green and white. Matching hat is the pattern Kim's Hats from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I put it in my booth and it sold within a week or two.
I love the cute little sailboat buttons.

 Since that sweater set sold so quickly, I immediately made another one. The yarn I used for this one is Rozetti Lollipop which is unfortunately discontinued. I love this yarn! So soft and squishy. And it knits like a dream especially for an acrylic. Why do they always discontinue the good yarns?

This little hat is a test knit I did for CedarBoxKnits. I made the smallest size and her numbers worked beautifully. The yarns are all Patons Classic Wool. You can find her pattern on Ravelry under Coleus Hat. There are several sizes. I will definitely made more of these little hats.  

This cardigan is from Yankee Knitter Designs #31. Great little top down cardigan pattern. I made it in Patons Decor. I like this pattern so much that I have two more in progress right now. One is a preemie size and just needs the sleeve seams sewn and buttons. The other one is the 0-3 month size and I'm almost to the sleeve section. The pattern works up very quickly and easily. It also includes a hat and a couple of baby blankets.

 And finally we have a cute ruffled hat. It's a free pattern from Bernat and was very easy to knit. The pattern has you start from the top and work down but I always have trouble doing the cast-on for a top down hat so I reversed it and started with the ruffle and worked up. The yarn is Bernat Baby Jacquards. Love the self-striping yarn! Well, that's all for now. Keep on knitting!

1 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You always make such lovely things! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home