Monday, November 08, 2010

It's me again

I mentioned at the end of my last posting that I had to finish up the fourth Concentric Stripes Cardigan. I did that this morning. Isn't it pretty? (Click on the picture to see the pretty buttons.)



The yarn is Vanna's Choice 100% acrylic in cranberry, lamb, and olive. It was knit on US 8 needles instead of the US 10 needles called for in the pattern. This makes a little tighter fabric. I am in the process of knitting a matching bonnet and booties. One bootie is done and the other one cast on.

I also mentioned last time that I was working on a baby vest. I was talking about a different vest than the one shown here but the first one is going to be frogged. I wasn't happy with it so I started and finished this one.



The pattern is Baby Boy Vest and Bow Tie by Patti Ghezzi in the book "Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders". I don't think I'm going to make the bow tie since it's supposed to be pinned on the baby's shirt. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. The cable down the front is different from the one in the book. I didn't care for it so I got out my copy of Vogue Knitting's "Stitchionary 2" and choose the Frost Edge Cable.

The pattern called for Briggs & Little Tuffy Canadian sock yarn which is worsted weight. I shopped the stash and used Bernat Berella 4 in soft heather. The vest is knit in the round from the bottom until the armholes and then it is knit flat for the front and back. You can see where I switched from circular knitting to flat knitting. I washed the vest this morning hoping the stitches would even out but there isn't a lot of difference. (The picture was taken before washing.) I may wash it again to see if that helps. Overall, I am pleased with how this vest turned out. I might make it again in a light worsted weight yarn to see if it drapes better.

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger AmyS said...

I was wondering how you achieved that cool effect around the neckline! I thought it was part of the design. Love the way it looks.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That cardi is just adorable. I love the pink one too. The little vest is so sweet. :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sandy Bowers said...

The minute I saw the Concentric Stripe Sweater on your blog I knew I had to make one. Well, you are right, so sddictive! I made three in a row. They won't be my last either. Thanks! Sandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home