Monday, October 10, 2011

A Plethora of Baby Sweaters

All of my daughter's friends seem to be having babies this year. Naturally once I hear that someone is expecting, I cast on for a baby sweater. Here are three of the sweaters I've made in the past few months.

First we have this little Cincinnati Bengals sweater that I made for Landon Charles. Ariane's friends Mel and Chad live in Cincinnati and are avid Bengals fans.




The pattern is Knitting Pure and Simple #982 "Babies Neck Down Cardigan" by Diane Soucy. The yarn is Plymouth Encore. I hope Landon gets to wear it since he weighed 9 lbs., 4 oz. when he was born on August 5th.

Next up is a hooded cardigan for Ariane's friend, Suzie. She's expecting a girl very soon.

The pattern is "Lillie's Little Sweater" by Carol Anderson from Cottage Creations. I bought the pattern online from Kaleidoscope Yarns. The yarn is Rozetti Lollipop.



I love the square shaping on this hood. It is very similar to turning a heel on a sock.



I think the daisy buttons look cute! I have to think about using this pattern again very soon. It's easy and fun. Scott's niece is due in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll cast on one for her little boy.

And the last sweater for today is the Baby Sophisticate by Linden Down.



I made this for Kate and Ryan's baby boy. He's also due in the next couple of weeks.
I used Vanna's Choice acrylic yarn for the sweater and matching hat. Kate loved the "little old man" look and the wooden buttons.

And now I need to get ready to take my mother to the hospital. She's having knee replacement surgery today.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger ajt0516 said...

Sue, what cute sweaters!!! I love the Bengal one.
Anita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home