Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sometimes I'm so thick!

Remember the picture I posted of the alien illusion scarf I'm working on? Well, when I scanned it, I scanned the wrong side because that's where I could see the alien. And that side isn't the illusion. The illusion is on the right side because if you look at it straight on, it's just a scarf. You have to hold it at kind of an angle to see the alien. Luckily, when I scan the right side of the scarf, the alien shows up nicely. I've posted pictures of both the wrong side and the right side. It's really kind of eerie looking.

I got an invitation to a baby shower for Carol's grandson today. It looks like I'm going to have to make a sweater set in the next month. I don't have enough of the Sirdar Snuggly DK to make a matching sweater so I'll use the Bernat Baby Softee I bought at A.C. Moore last Saturday. It's a varigated blue, green, white and yellow colorway called Dreamy Blue. I think I'm going to try making the hooded baby sweater that zips up the back from the Leisure Arts Booklet 144 "Baby's Book". I've made it in the past but the pattern is for a 6 month size in worsted weight. The Baby Softee yarn is sport weight and I'll use smaller needles. I don't know if it'll work or not. I'd better get started on it quickly because if it doesn't work, I have to think of something else to make before March 19.

I wanted to make a pair of booties to match the baby helmet but I can't find my favorite bootie pattern. It's another Sirdar pattern and I've made over a dozen pairs. I can almost do it from memory. Unfortunately, 'almost' is the key word here. It's a good thing I made some working copies of this pattern in case I misplaced the original, huh? Too bad I have no idea where they are, either. This really bugs me because I don't have that many places that I put patterns. I have a lot of patterns but they're all in only a couple of places. Grrrr! I guess I'll keep looking. Especially since my favorite 2 needle mitten pattern is in the same plastic protector. Fortunately, that one I can do from memory. And it's only my working copy. I still have the original. Somewhere. If I don't find the bootie pattern soon, I'll head up to the LYS where I bought it and see if she has another copy. Good excuse to go to the yarn shop!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home