Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ain't she sweet?!

The other day I was telling you all that I was feeling melancholy and missing my kids. Well, Ariane called the next day just to chat and cheered me up considerably. I told her I was missing them and on Monday, look what the mail brought me! A little cheer-up mom package. The card says "whatever you are, be a good one (abraham lincoln) and the little yellow notepad reads "If you flap your arms like a chicken, everything will seem much better. At least for the rest of us it will." The larger notepad is from the Vera Bradley 'seaside collection' and has a little notepad shaped like flip flops. And she got me a package of Bag Ladies Tea for Mother. 5 bags with witty tags - every tag is different. I guess I brought this kid up right! Must be all those nights I sat by her bed while she was sleeping and whispered "Always remember to send your mother presents!" There's something to be said for subliminal suggestion.

I actually have a FO to report! Okay, it's only the dishcloth I was working on but the important thing is that it's done! Complete! Finito! And to celebrate, I want to cast on an iPod cover for Ariane. I'm thinking of using the Plymouth Fantasy cotton yarn that Jess sent me in the yarn yoga swap.

I was going to start it at the library knitting group tonight until I realized that I hadn't wound it into a ball yet. Duh! So I'm going to do that in a while. Luckily, I never take only one project to the knitting group so I worked on the zip-up-the-back hooded baby sweater. After some diligent searching yesterday, I found the other skein of yarn needed to finish it. If I concentrate on this sweater, I can finish it fairly soon. But I have a feeling that an iPod cover is being made first. After all, Ariane will be home on May 7th and I'd like to give it to her then.

That's it for today. I'm off to wind some yarn and watch CSI. Ta!

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness what a sweetheart she is! You definitely did it right :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home