Saturday, April 23, 2005

Work in progress...

Here are pictures of the living room with the new couch and chair and a half in it. We also brought up the t.v and set it on the oak library table, the old red cupboard that holds our cds, dvds and vhs tapes, an old splint chair, a small wicker trunk, and my small china cabinet. I don't think you can really see the china cabinet. It's at the far end of the fireplace next to the couch. As you can see, most of our furniture is antique.

The furniture looks pretty good but we need to add a few things. We're going to Syracuse tomorrow to look for an entertainment center so the computer can go back on the library table, new end tables and a new coffee table. Plus we need a couple new lamps. I don't think we'll get it all tomorrow but some of it would help. Once we decide if that's how the living room arrangement is going to stay, I'll start bringing up accessories and books, too.

It would also help greatly if I'd get the curtains made. I'm going to attempt to put them together today. I'll probably have to run up to JoAnn's Fabrics first and buy more lining material. I know I don't have enough.

I decided I was going to make a prayer shawl for a woman at church who has cancer. I picked out the Lion Brand Homespun triangle shawl pattern and some dark green Homespun I have here and started it two days ago. 28 rows later, I found a mistake. And trying to fix a mistake in Homespun just doesn't work. So I ripped it all out. Now I have to decide if I'm going to start it again. The pattern is really easy to remember but the only size 13 circular needles I have to work on it are plastic. They are the Susan Bates gray plastic and the yarn slides fairly easily on them, but working with plastic needles sets my teeth on edge. I don't know why but they do. So I have to find some size 13 circs in either silvalume or bamboo. Another project on hold.

Alek has a track meet at Hamiliton College today which is about 40 minutes away. We were planning on going but it's raining quite steady. I can't believe they haven't cancelled the meet. We were at Hamiliton a couple of weeks ago and there is no where to get out of the rain. And not enough room to put up tents. He's not supposed to run until 4:25 p.m. so we'll see if what the weather's doing before going out there. I'm hoping he calls and says they cancelled it. Or that the rain stops and we can watch him run.

Well, I have a ton of housework to do plus make curtains so I guess I'll get going. It's such a gray, rainy day that I'm tempted to curl up with a good book or some knitting but I can't. At least not until I've cleaned up this place a little. Enjoy your Saturday!

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

I like that chair & a half - big enough for me, my knitting and a cat or two {g}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home