Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Melancholy...

Ariane hasn't lived at home for the past three years. And after she graduates from grad school in June, who knows where she'll end up living. And Alek probably won't be living at home this summer, either. Plus, he'll be a senior in college next year. And tonight I really miss them. In October, Ariane will be 24 and Alek will be 21. Where on earth did the time go?

Okay, I have to get out of this mood or I'll sit here and cry all evening. And I don't cry very often. Actually, I cry almost never. Must be I was due.

Now for some good news! At least it's good for me. Our living room is all done except for the curtains and the new furniture. I'm still slowly working on the curtains and the furniture will be delivered on Thursday! I can't believe how much I missed having a living room! I'm posting some pictures of the living room that I took this morning. Scott got the floor sanded and varnished and put up the curtain rods. We put the built-in bookcase in place and set up the legal bookcase. Plus, the library table that normally holds my computer is in the room. I have no idea if these pieces will stay in the places they are right now. We'll see once we get all the furniture in place.

What? This blog is supposed to be about knitting? Really?! Okay, here's the knitting content for the night. I'm not working on my sock right now. And I started something new yesterday. Please don't act so shocked. You knew I would. I'm posting a picture of the Branching Out scarf from the lastest issue of Knitty. I read about a KAL for this scarf and since I had already printed out the pattern, I decided to try it. But I didn't join the KAL! The picture is from yesterday morning and shows it after 3 repeats. I now have 5 repeats done. I'm using Plymouth Yarns Silky Merino yarn in cream. I bought 7 skeins of this yarn in Cape Cod three years ago at the clearance price of $2.00 per skein. I used 3 skeins on a cabled scarf for a friend this past fall and liked how it worked up. I also like how it looks in this lace scarf.

And except for some work I've done on my most recent dishcloth and several inches on the hooded baby sweater, that's it. I'm almost done with the skein I'm using for the baby sweater and the other skein I have is buried somewhere behind the stuff from the living room so I can't do much on that right now. Hopefully, I can access that yarn this weekend.

Well, I'm feeling better now. Hope everyone is enjoying the great weather that NY is this week.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Um, May I have your house? Your floors look amazing! I love the color you chose. It looks amazing!

I like your scarf. I havent seen a similar pattern. Which is nice, it almost seems like all scarfs these days look exactly the same. Your's is different, I like it.

Christine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home