Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Can I do it?

I just read my little book of Creating a Web Page with HTML by Elizabeth Castro and am going to attempt to create a link. Everyone else seems to be able to do it and I'm feeling left out. So, hopefully, within this post, you will find links.

I'm not posting much on the living room until the weekend. That's when the new entertainment center and coffee table get here. Why bother before then. Oh, and maybe I'll have figured out what to do about f'ing curtains I've been attempting to make. I'm too disgusted with them to comment right now.

In a recent post, Ruinwen remarked on the peaceful inspiration of her knitting. It's a wonderful post and you should read it. And to add a little something to that thought, I find using yarn and needles that make my knitting flow easily, I am more serene when knitting. Case in point, the Branching Out Scarf I'm knitting from Knitty.com . I'm using Plymouth Yarns Silk Merino yarn which is very light and soft and 10" size 8 bamboo needle. This scarf is such a pleasure to work on. My hands don't hurt and the rhythm just flows. I'm also working on a dishcloth out of cotton and while it is an easy pattern, using the cotton just doesn't have the same tranquility. It's a harsher experience.

And that leads me to my prayer shawl knitting. I'm not doing any right now. I started 3 different shawls and frogged them all. As I said before, using Lion Brand Homespun and plastic needles just sets my teeth on edge. Then I tried doing a Fan and Feather one out of Lion Brand Woolease but I lost my place twice and frogged that, too. It's hard to pray while knitting a pattern that you have to really concentrate on. So I have to let my brain settle and see if I can find another one I want to do.

I have to get Isabella to the groomer's this morning and if I don't end this now, I'll be late. And it looks like I may have figured out how to add links. That's a good thing.




3 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Yay on the links! Isn't it great to figure out something new?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

If you've considered metal needles, I find that using Homespun on them is smoother and easier...k3, p3!
(((hugs)))
Sallee

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sue,

Great job figuring out those pesky links! I had to use Blogger help a lot in the beginning LOL

Glad you are finding peace in your knitting...it always takes me a few rows to find a new pattern's heart beat... :)

Thanks for the mention.

Ruinwen
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home