Thursday, April 07, 2005

Chicken soup!

If you have a cold, make yourself some chicken soup and eat as much as possible! I had the worst head cold Saturday and Sunday. So, on Sunday I made homemade chicken soup. I had it for dinner both Sunday and Monday. And I'll tell you, my cold seemed to clear up fairly fast. I can breathe, I can think, and I only have a little cough left. There are some old remedies that truly work!

I posted some pictures of the new butter squash wall color. Scott and I both love it. It's bright and cheery. Now we have to get the second coat of paint on the walls and the last coat on the trim so he can refinish the floors. THEN, we can pick up the new furniture!! He figures 2 weekends before we're done.

This coming weekend is pretty well shot. Saturday we're going to Rochester to watch Alek's track meet at the University of Rochester. Since Ariane lives in Rochester, we'll pick her up first and then go to the meet. I hope she knows where the outdoor track is. She's in graduate school at U of R but that doesn't mean she has a clue about the track. He doesn't even run until 3 p.m. We wanted to have him stay with us and go to dinner but it's 1 1/2 hours to take him back to Oswego from Rochester and another 1 1/2 hours to get home. That could end up being very late. But we'll see what happens. Maybe if I offer to drive home.

Then Sunday we're having the pastoral candidate preach at church so the congregation can vote on whether to hire him or not. After the service, there's a brunch and then the vote so that means not much will get done on Sunday either. But that's okay because we'd really like to get a new pastor.

That leaves Monday for working on the living room. I have to start working on the curtains. We bought the hardware last Saturday so I don't have any excuses left. And now that things are getting close to done, I want to get them made.

Hmm, knitting. I really haven't done much of that the past couple of days. I still can't decide what I want to make in red for the Knit Red KAL. I'll find something soon, though. I did get to the heel on the Regia sock today. I still have to sew up the second bootie for the charity sweater, make a hat and then another pair of booties for the other sweater. I'll get it done.

Yesterday it got up to 71 degrees F! That's amazing for the beginning of April in central NY. It was a gorgeous day! Today it's cloudy so I think we're getting rain sometime. And it's no where near as warm but still not too bad. I am soooo ready for spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home