Saturday, April 02, 2005

Busy, busy...

This is a quick post before I head out the door today. Donna and I are going to Cooperstown to visit the Ommegang Brewery ( http://www.ommegang.com) and then we're going to try and find a yarn shop that is in a barn somewhere out there. It's a rural area but it's on a state highway so I hope it's easy to locate. Of course, it's raining cats and dogs and the wind is wicked but at least it's not snow.

If the name Cooperstown seems familiar, that's where the Baseball Hall of Fame is located. It's about 40 minutes from where I live. Also, James Fenimore Cooper's house is there. He wrote "The Last of the Mohicans". Cooperstown sits on Otsego Lake and has a lot of wealthy people living there. The village itself is quaint with lots of baseball memorabilia shops and other cute touristy shops. My sisters and I usually go once a year and make a day of it. The yarn shop is actually quite a distance from the village, I think. I'll know better once we find it.

I hope to have more to report later. And I'd like to get my pictures posted. But right now I have to jump in the shower and get ready to go.

Enjoy your Saturday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home