Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Not Design on a Dime...

How do they do completely remodel a room in one day on Design on a Dime (HGTV)? I just cut in around one window and part of the ceiling for an hour and a half and my neck is killing me. I don't mind painting but this is slow going. Scott did get the french doors hung last night and the hardware on tonight. He's done a really nice job on them. I'll see if I can get pictures taken of them tomorrow.

I haven't accomplished much knitting in the past couple of days. The only thing I've worked on is the purple varigated dishcloth and I haven't even finished that. I pulled out some purple sport weight yarn to make some baby booties. It's just about time to post charity totals for the online charity group I'm in and I don't have much done. Not that it matters but I'd like to send something out for March. I have one baby sweater with a matching hat done except for sewing on the buttons. I have another baby sweater done except for buttons but I don't have enough yarn left to make booties or a hat. I found out the yarn is discontinued so I guess I'll just send the lone sweater out. The charity will put it together with booties and a hat from other donations. If I can get a couple pairs of booties made before April 7th, I'll be happy.

Scott mentioned tonight that he thinks it's time to take a trip to Cape Cod again. I totally agree. We love it there and go as often as we can. Usually we camp there for a week in July but we aren't going to this year. It's so busy then that it's hard to do things. We always go at the end of September/beginning of October for our anniversary but we don't want to wait that long. This past October we rented a house for a week with Scott's oldest sister and husband and his middle brother and wife. We had a wonderful time. I think I'm going to check out some rental properties for this time of year and see if we can go for a long weekend. Although, if the weather continues to improve, we might get the travel trailer out of winter storage and camp for a few days. Our favorite campground there is open year round and with the furnace in the trailer, we're all set. Once we get the trailer out of storage, I'll post some pictures. I guess we really don't camp, we go RVing!

No random fact tonight. I think they're getting boring.

3 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what it is... they've probably got this big ol' crew of folks that do stuff for them that we don't see. I bet there are at least 4 people that paint each room (one on each wall). I agree, there's no way mere mortals could do an entire room in one day like that. Even on my best go it's taken me two.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I also think they do a lot of the projects ahead of time and just concentrate on painting and putting the room together that day. It's still one of my favorite shows, though.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alot of there projects are awesome. However they do it I wish they could do my house!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home