Monday, April 11, 2005

Lots going on lately...

Phew! Finally time to sit and write a little something. We've been on the go all weekend!

Saturday we drove to Rochester to watch Alek run track at the University of Rochester. We got to Ariane's around noon, waited half an hour for her to get ready, then headed to the college track. We found Alek and he thought he might be running at 4 p.m instead of 3 p.m. So Ariane, Scott and I went to lunch. We got back to the track meet somewhere around 2 p.m. He never ran until after 6 p.m.! It was a beautiful sunny day with the temps around 60 F but there was a slight breeze blowing and that made it chilly. And sitting 4 hours on metal bleachers in the spring makes for a chilly wait. I brought my knitting and worked on my Regia sock. I got the heel done and started the foot. The good thing was that Alek came in 2nd in his heat. He was running the 5K (3.1 miles) and started out in the middle of the pack. Then around lap 5, he started picking up the pace and passing people. Ariane was the one who noticed he was in second place. It made sitting there and freezing worth while. By the time we took Ariane back and got on the Thruway, it was after 7:00 p.m. So it was after 10:00 p.m. before we were back home and then we had to eat dinner. Talk about bushed!

Sunday we had the pastoral candidate preach at church so the congregation could hear him and vote on whether to offer him the pastor position or not. We voted yes and then had a brunch for him and his family. After I got home from church, Sue and I went up to JoAnn's Fabrics so I could buy lining material for the curtains I'm making for the living room. And all I bought there was the fabric. I didn't buy any yarn! We also stopped at the used bookstore to check out their sale. I picked up a few books.

Today, Scott finished painting the living room walls, woodwork, and bookcase. I spent the afternoon measuring and cutting out 7 curtain panels. I need 4 for the side windows and 2 for the large front window. The 7th one I'll cut in half to add to the panels for the front window. That was 19 7/8ths yards of material I cut up. I had to do most of it on my knees on the living room floor. My knees don't work very well on a good day. This really did them in. Then we ate dinner, went to get haircuts and then I had a meeting at church! I think I'm tired!!

And it doesn't stop there. Alek is running track at Hamilton College tomorrow afternoon and we'd like to go since it's fairly close. He thinks he's running around 5 p.m. If we go and he runs on time, I'll have time to get back for our monthly craft night at Diann's. Thursday night is the library knitting group (and Scott has a heating class) and Saturday night we're going out to dinner for a friend's birthday. We haven't been this busy in a long time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home