Friday, June 03, 2005

Baby knitting

I'm still knitting for babies at the moment. I am making a Precious Layettes pattern #1 sweater in Bernat Softee Baby in the Dreamy Blue colorway. It's medium blue, seafoam green and baby yellow varigated. I'll post a picture when it's done.

I love making the Precious Layettes pattern. It's Leisure Arts book #3202 and all the sweaters are worked from the top down. There's even a Yahoo group called Baby Sweaters that is for people who love making this pattern. I've been a member of this group for about 3 years now. The original pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and size 10 needles. This makes a 6 month size sweater. The one I'm doing now, I'm using sport weight yarn and size 7 needles and it should be newborn size. I have posted pictures of two PL #1's (the 1 indicates it's the first pattern in the book) that I have finished and I'm sending to charity soon. One has booties and one has a hat.

I don't care for the hat or bootie pattern in the book so I keep trying to find alternative patterns. I didn't enjoy making those booties so I'm still looking. The hat pattern was okay but I think it's a little big for the sweater.

I have already left the Charity Knitting group. There was nothing wrong with the people on it but most of the messages were among the long time members about things that didn't interest me. I'm on enough other groups that I didn't need one with a lot of idle chatter.

That's it for now. I'm going to try to start posting more even if they are short posts. We'll see how far I get with that. Especially with the weekend so close. We are moving Alek back to Oswego tomorrow so I doubt I'll post anything then. But, then again, you never know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home