Friday, March 06, 2009

It's been a while...

since I've posted here. Sorry about that. Nothing is wrong, I'm just being lazy. Well, lazy about blogging. Not lazy about knitting.

This little baby sweater is one that I'm test knitting for a girl on Ravelry. It's knit in the round from the bottom up. In this picture I have the body done to the arm scythes and one sleeve attached. I'm in the process of knitting the second sleeve which I'll then attach and continue knitting up through the yoke and neck.



It's a fun knit and I don't even mind the miles of seed stitch. Well, except when I goof it up and have to tink back. The yarn is Patons Classic Wool Tweed in Tweed Aran.

Next is a child's cardigan knit from the top down. The pattern is from Knitting Pure and Simple and the yarn is Plymouth Encore Chunky in garnet.



I haven't worked on this in a few weeks but I hope to get back to it once the test knit and a couple of other things are done.

And here we have my version of lined mittens. I'm making them for my husband and he didn't want them attached in any way. So I knit the outer mitten in Malabrigo Worsted "Rich Chocolate" and the inner mitten is made from Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK #208.





These pictures show the first mittens done. The second liner mitten is done, too, but I haven't started the second outer mitten yet. I have to cast on for that pretty quickly if he's going to wear them this winter.

Oh, look, we have another pair of Baby Monkey socks. I used some left over sock yarn to make them. I love making this pattern. It's so quick and easy.


I have a pair of Adult Monkey's started that I'd like to finish for my March Sock of the Month KAL. March is Monkey month.

And it's a good thing that I started this pair of Monkey socks back in June because I can't start any new projects for a while. You see, for the entire season of Lent (45 days), I cannot cast on for a new project. Not for any reason. My pile of UFO's is way out of control and I need to do something about it.

It's okay for me to cast on for the second item in a pair such as Scott's mittens but that's it. I counted up UFO's and here's what I found - 12 pairs of socks, 9 baby sweaters, 3 scarves, 6 dishcloths, 4 hats, 7 pairs of mittens (although I finished one pair), 2 baby blankets, a Clapotis, the top down child's sweater, felted clogs and two of Jean Greenhowe's Rainbow Babies. Well, that's what I remember and what I can see in my various knitting bags. There is a good sized tote full of UFO's that I didn't even open. Some of the above projects are in there but I'm sure there's more. So you see why I needed to do this for Lent. But I'm finding it harder than when I gave up buying any knitting supplies during Lent last year.

I'm going to finish up one of the baby sweaters for the Palm Sunday auction at my church. Last year I made a knit-from-the-top-down sweater that zipped up the back. I have another on in my UFO pile that I started years ago. It will be fairly quick to finish. And I might even try to finish another of the started baby sweaters to donate. We'll see how things go.

So now you're sort of caught up on my knitting life. I'll try not to wait so long between posts.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great idea to give up casting on for Lent! You're sure to get a lot done...not that you aren't always knitting away like crazy lol I love everything...esp the little monkey socks. :)

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've got a pair of Monkey socks on the needles too! I'm really liking the pattern. It does seem to work up quickly.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

Gadzooks! That's a lot of projects in progress. Good luck getting as many of them done as possible. Sounds like a perfect plan for Lent.

I love that sweater you're test knitting. I am determined to knit seamless sweaters as much as possible from now on. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home