Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Stuff and more stuff

Well, I participated in Hat Attack II which started September 16th. And I lasted until September 22nd. But I did get my hat out to my target before I died. Here is the hat I sent out.



I used SWTC Therapi in blue and stone. And the little bits of yarn are all that was left from each skein. I was getting a little nervous about having enough of the blue.

And here is the hat that killed me.


Pretty, isn't it? Reminds me of a chocolate raspberry dessert. The yarn is Knit Picks alpaca. Very soft.

I decided a little late to contribute some mittens to the Cheyenne River Reservation in South Dakota. The challenge was for 8 pairs of mittens and I finished 3 pairs.



But that is 3 more pairs of warm hands.

This week we are on Cape Cod for our annual fall trip. This year is a little different because Scott's family did not come with us. But Ariane, her boyfriend, Mike and Alek came out with us on Saturday and went home on Tuesday. Ariane and Alek haven't been here in 7 years and Mike has never been here before so it was nice for them. We wish they could have spent more time but their work schedules wouldn't permit it.

Ariane mentioned that her favorite co-worker is due with her first baby any day now and wanted to know what she should get for her. I told her I'd make a baby sweater for the baby. It's a girl and I had the pattern for Helena with me so I went to the Ladybug Yarn Shop in Dennis and bought some Jaeger Matchmaker DK in Oyster. Oyster is a funny color. Depending on the light, it looks like either light grayish blue or light grayish lavendar. Kind of like the inside of any oyster shell.



I took this picture yesterday just to show the harbor and the beginning of the project. The Adirondack chair is sitting in the front yard of the rental house. Tomorrow I will try to take another picture of it. It is knit from the top down and I have finished the raglan increases and the bodice and started the lace skirt pattern while we were sitting on Nauset Beach this afternoon. I should have had Scott take a picture of me knitting on the beach but I didn't. We'll see what happens tomorrow as far as knitting pictures go.

And now it's time to get dinner on the table. We are eating fashionably late since we spent the afternoon on the beach.

4 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Cape Cod shot! And the knitting--my goodness, the few years in my life I wasn't knitting was when I lived in NH, where I really needed those hats and gloves I wasn't making. Now, here in California, they would just be kind of silly.

Which is part of why I design shawls instead... But I love the handknit hats and gloves from afar, a bit wistfully.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Shutterbug Knitter said...

I really enjoy your blog. Pictures are great!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger HODGEPODGESPV said...

i wish you would add more pictures! what a view!l

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks for that lovely view! Looks so peaceful...
All your socks are really making me want to finally finish my Monkeys(first pair)!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home