Monday, November 24, 2008

A bunting we will go...

The baby bunting was completely finished by Saturday night.



I sewed the side and sleeve seams and then tossed the bunting and the zipper into the wash separately. They both went into the dryer. Then I sewed the zipper into the bunting. I wanted to make sure the zipper didn't shrink and pucker the seam.



The James C. Brett "Marble" washed and dried like a dream. The bunting is super soft now and no pilling or distortion at all. This is a great acrylic yarn for knitting. There was only a few yards of yarn left from the two skeins I had in the Patagonia colorway so I didn't make a hat to match.

Now to decide what to work on next. Scott is asking for his warm mittens. I'm trying to decide if I want to make them using double knitting or if I want to knit a heavy outer mitten and then a lighter alpaca inner mitten. He voted for the second choice. I recently bought Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski and she has patterns for both methods. I also have Homespun Handknit edited by Linda Ligon and it has patterns for double knitting and two-end knitting. Any one of these methods is going to be confusing and time consuming which is why I keep procrastinating.

I mentioned in my last post that I started a lace neck gaiter for Ariane. I haven't picked it back up again but I think it might be next on the list. It should be a quick knit.

But, this is the last week in November, and I need to finish a pair of socks for Sock-A-Month 2008. I have a pair started in Lopi for Warm Woolies using size US 9 (5.5 mm) needles. I just started the gusset decreases on the first sock. Maybe I should work on these first.

Decisions, decisions!

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger KnitNana said...

That bunting is adorable! And yes, guess you ought to finish those socks...but then no one likes cold hands either!
(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home