Saturday, November 29, 2008

Forget everything...

that I mentioned in my last post. I haven't started Scott's mittens, I frogged the Lopi socks because I didn't have enough yarn, and I still haven't touched the chevron lace gaiter I started for Ariane.

Instead, I made a Tudora using a skein of Sheep Shop Yarn Company Sheep 1 in color G017.



I bought this yarn on Cape Cod in the fall to make a beret but when I was looking for yarn to make the Tudora, it jumped up and yelled "Pick Me!" This neckwarmer will look really nice with Ariane's black coat.

And because the Lopi socks were frogged, I had to start something quick to make for SAM 2008. So here are another pair of Baby Monkey Socks using leftover Online sock yarn on size US 2 (2.75 mm) needles.



The picture was taken a few days ago. I'm actually 5 rounds from starting the toe on the first sock. If I knit most of today, I could finish the pair. Unfortunately, my house needs some TLC. But we'll see what happens.

And I think I'm done with KAL's for a while. I'm tired of knitting to deadlines. There is one more month in this latest round of Sock-A-Month 6 but I don't know if I'm going to attempt to finish a pair of socks in December. I don't even know if I'm going to push myself to finish the Baby Monkeys for November. Stress-free knitting is what I want to do.

Well, I'd better get moving if I'm going to get anything constructive done today. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

My gosh, you've been busy! Your Sheep Shop yarn looks like the Mountain Colors Beafoot I'm using right now. LOVE IT! I originally planned to makes socks with it, but it kept getting shifted to the bottom of the bin while I chose other yarns. Now I know why. It's currently in the process of becoming wristwarmers for my niece!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Frieda said...

i just love your Tudora , the colours are luscious . Hmm something else to add to the ravelry queue :0 !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home