Thursday, September 23, 2010

Charity Knitting

I completed a few charity knitting projects this week. The first one is a toddler hat and mittens going to Project Hope. They deliver things to needy people in Romania.



The earflap hat is one of Kim Hamlin's hats from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. The mittens are a 2 needle pattern called BB's Knitted Mittens. Very quick and easy. I used Wool in the Woods Star City yarn in "Lottery". It wasn't very soft until I washed it with some conditioner. Then it softened up nicely.

This next set is going to Pine River Reservation for one of the preschool programs. I'm sending it through the Bundles of Joy group on Ravelry.



The hat pattern is Spiral Rib by Song Palmese. It's an Ann Norling pattern. The mittens are 4 needle. I didn't follow any one pattern but combined a couple different ones. The scarf is the Scrunchable Scarf pattern. I used Lamb's Pride yarn in "Limeade" and "Sun Yellow" for this whole set. The hat and mittens are worsted weight and the scarf is bulky weight.

And finally we have a hat that I made a few weeks ago. It doesn't have a destination yet but I'm sure I will find one for it.



The pattern is Utopia by Smariek. The yarn is Moda Dea Bamboo Wool in the "Bamboo" colorway. This skein was on clearance at Joann's Fabrics so it was very cheap. I also bought one in off white. It took less than a whole skein for the hat.

Now onto some other projects. I am almost finished with another Concentric Stripes cardigan. I also have a baby sleeping bag (bunting) almost done and a pair of fingerless mitts in alpaca. I'll let you know when they are finished!

4 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The ear-flap hat and mittens set turned out too cute! I love the colors. Thanks for participating in our Project Hope drive :) And I had to download the Utopia hat. I love cables and it looks like the pattern will knit up into a nice thick hat.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You always make such beautiful things. I know they will be well loved.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Fran said...

I love your mittens and hats... such classic projects. Makes me want to cast on some little mittens...or maybe a simple hat...

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Damaris Creations said...

I love them, I love GREEN!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home