Thursday, February 24, 2005

Decisions, decisions...

I don't know what I want to knit for the new baby. I started the hooded zip sweater in the dk weight yarn and it's way too small. And I didn't use smaller needles, I used bigger ones. So that's out. Then I pulled out a Plymouth Yarns basketweave sweater pattern, cast on 126 sts., knit about 8 rows and don't really like that pattern, either. Maybe I should make a blanket instead. Or I could make the same Precious Layettes pattern that I always make for baby gifts. Maybe I'll just go to the LYS and look for another pattern on Saturday.

I worked on the alien scarf tonight once I decided I didn't like the baby sweater. Each pattern repeat is 80 rows long and I'm up to row 71 of the first repeat. Just 5 more repeats to go. Of 80 rows each. Hmm, good thing it's so easy. Hopefully Alek will get it before winter is over. Of course, he's at school in Oswego which is on Lake Ontario and it's winter there a little longer. The campus is right on the lake and the wind blows off the lake all the time. So if I work on it steadily, he'll get use out of it this year. And, he's only a junior so he'll use it next year, too.

Well, it's getting late and I have to work tomorrow. And the cheesy Harlequin movie I'm watching is almost over. So, it's bedtime for me. Au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home