Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Everyone knows...

I can be such a bitch sometimes. Like my not so nice post of yesterday. Scott and our houseguest got here around 8:45 p.m., we showed her to the den which had the bed all made up, and that was the last we saw of her until 7 a.m. this morning. I think she appreciated having a room all to herself with an attached bathroom. This group of actors travels for 4 1/2 months putting on 1 - 3 shows a day. Every night they stay in a different town in a different house. I know I would appreciate an evening to myself if I had that schedule. We had a chance to chat at breakfast this morning. I would put her age between 20 - 23 and she's from New Mexico. She was very personable although not overly bubbly. I'm still am not super comfortable with strangers as overnight house guests but this turned out just fine.

I never mentioned yesterday why I'm doing the red shawl instead of the Sweetheart Hat. I didn't realize when I started the hat pattern that the hearts were formed by using Twist stitches. That's where you knit into the second stitch on the left hand needle, then knit into the first stitch and slip both stitches off together. I really don't like doing that stitch. So instead of doing a whole hat in a pattern I didn't want to do, I started the shawl. As I was working on it this morning, I realized that the only lace pattern was going to be the center panel and the rest would be stockingette stitch. Boring! So I pulled out "The Knitting Stitch Bible" by Maria Parry-Jones and found a pattern called "Butterfly" that I'm doing on the sides of the shawl. I hope I have it figured out correctly. I took a picture of what I have done so far. Looking at it right now, I may have mistakes already. I doubt I'll tink it since it's going to be for me and the mistakes (hopefully) won't show up too much.

We are driving to Oswego tomorrow to pick Alek up for Easter weekend. I wonder what the chances are that Scott will let me stop at http://northwindyarns.com to do a little yarn shopping. Probably not very good since I seem to have yarn everywhere these days. But I might convince him to drop me off, go to the college and pick up Alek, then stop back for me. We shall see.

Time to get dinner started. I found a veggie salmon steak that Scott is anxious to try. He doesn't really miss meat but he does miss seafood. So we'll see how this fake salmon measures up. Instead of skin around it, they used nori seaweed that is used in sushi. That should give it a kind of fishy taste. Me? I'm having the real thing. Along with wild rice and yellow squash. Yum!!

Random fact - I'd love to be a writer but I think I'm too lazy and I don't have the knack for it. But I still may give it a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home