Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mid-week blather...

And that's how my mind is working tonight. Nothing earthshaking or profound, just here.

Last night we had our craft group. Not to be confused with the one meets at the library. That group is all knitters. This group is all friends and not everyone knits. Two of the six people were cross-stitching. It was a nice way to spend the evening. I got the back done on the baby sweater and have started the two front sections. I'm doing them at the same time so they end up the same size. I'll do that with the sleeves, too. Now the trick is to get the fronts to be the same size as the back.

I suppose you're wondering why I'm not working on the aforesaid baby sweater. Well, I decided I wanted to see the new paint color on the living room walls. So I washed the walls and woodwork and painted a section with the "butter squash" paint. And I like it. Which is a good thing. Of course, it's night so I hope I still like the color in the daylight. What am I saying? I will like the color in the daylight. Now I hope I still like it when we put the new furniture in that room.

Man, this is a slow news evening. Working on only the baby sweater makes for a boring entry. That's why I always have several projects going, I get bored with working on the same one all the time. Unfortunately, it takes me longer to finish things, too. Even work was relatively quiet today. I found a pottery jar in a card shop Saturday that reads "Ashes of Problem Customers". I bought it, put in some ashes from the fireplace and set it on the front counter at the shop. The service guys thought it was hilarious. I don't know how the customers will take it.

Well, I guess that's pretty much it for tonight. Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the new paint on the wall and maybe post it.

One more random fact - I'm afraid of heights and can't put my head underneath a bed. And I don't like clowns, circuses, or monkeys.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I'm also afraid of heights and don't like clowns! I love to ski, but ski lifts scare the heck out of me.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I don't ski but I have actually gone up in the ski lift at Lake Placid in the summer. Part of my plan to cure this phobia. But if I go on one, no one else can be anywhere near me! And I didn't go up the tower to the top of the ski jump.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home