Saturday, April 30, 2005

Insert Twilight Zone music here

I think my house is in a reverse universe. Nothing is normal here. Do you want to know what my husband is having a fit about? I am leaving the toilet seat up! Not the whole seat, mind you, just the lid. And it bothers him. Give me a break. I think we have role reversal here. I like beer and he doesn't. He loves to clean and I don't. If you open his dresser drawers, the clothes look like they should be on a shelf in a store, they are so perfectly folded. Mine are folded and shoved in. Now, mind you, I am not a total slob. Our house is picked up most of the time and our bed is made everyday (by me). But he's a little obsessive-compulsive about things. And I'm not. And what does he do for a living? He's a plumber! Well, he owns a plumbing and heating store with his brother and lately he is mostly in the office doing estimates and store stuff, but he's definitely not afraid to get his hands dirty. He is a neat freak, though.

I've been working on the iPod cover for the past couple of days. If I had had several consecutive hours to work on it, it would be done by now. But I've only had a few minutes here and there. Still it's almost done. Tomorrow I want to see if I can get the red cotton yarn for Allie's cover. And the things I need for the tool swap for the yarn yoga group.

Oh, Leah asked about the pattern for the dishcloth I'm doing. It can be found at the
Lion Brand site. Very easy pattern. And Sallee suggested using metal needles for the prayer shawls I was trying to knit with LB Homespun. I'm not sure if the circular needles in size 13 and up come in metal. The Silvalume ones I have plastic. I'll have to look for some metal ones. And, finally, knitapalooza wondered if the Branching Out Scarf at Knitty.com is easy to do. And the answer is Yes! Easy is what I like best.
I think I'm going to go work on the iPod cover for a while and watch some t.v. Enjoy your Saturday evening.

1 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Plain Jane said...

If it's not too much money all at once, the Boye NeedleMaster kit is a $$ saver over time. I've seen them at both JoAnne's & Michael's and with one of the 40% off (or occasional 50% off) coupons, they become very cost effective. I've even considered getting a second (no, make that 3rd as I have one of the original sets from the 60s)set because I normally have several projects going at once. The needles are metal and the set covers sizes 2 through 15 and lengths from 20" (hard to use) up to 60" or better if you join cables together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home