Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Charity knitting

I'm still doing charity knitting. I finished the newborn sweater, hat and bootie set. I ended up making 2 hats because the first one was too big. I'm happy with the way the set turned out. It's killing me that I don't have my digital camera to post pictures. We see Ariane on Saturday so I hope I get the camera back then. I'm supposed to send the set out on Friday but I might delay just a little longer so I get a picture. I was going to scan it yesterday but my scanner doesn't seem to be working. It might be because I need a new black cartridge. With going camping this weekend, I don't feel like spending $30 on a cartridge, though.

I started a cute crocheted sweater pattern yesterday. It's from a 1950 Coat and Clark pattern book. The sweater is a ripple stitch pattern and is working up fairly fast. I'm using baby yarn (probably fingering weight) and a B crochet hook. Rather small but that's not making a lot of difference. I'm not sending that one out until I get a picture. I crocheted a sweater from Red Heart TLC and it worked up fast and came out okay but I think it looks a little thick. It's all done in single crochet which is probably the problem. Double crochet is much airier.

I have to decide what yarn and patterns I want to take with me camping this weekend. I was hoping to visit a yarn store in Geneva but both kids and Scott's sister and brother-in-law are coming to the campground on Saturday to celebrate my 50th birthday. We're also celebrating Sue's 47th birthday. Her birthday is Monday the 27th and mine is Wednesday the 29th. It should be fun. So I don't think we'll get to the yarn shop this time. Of course, neither Sue or I need any more yarn.

Well, I need to get moving so I can maybe get to work on time. Don't be surprised if I don't post until after the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home