Sunday, March 08, 2009

Dishcloths, anyone?

In between the projects pictured in my last post, I have been making dishcloths. The two patterns I use the most are Grandmother's Favorite and a garter rib pattern that I adapted from a scarf pattern.

This first one is the Grandmother's Favorite pattern and I made it to send to a missionary family serving in Niger that my church supports. We wanted to send them some handmade things to remind them of home.



The yarn is Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Country Sage Ombre. I used US 8 needles and increased until I reached 54 stitches. I like to make these cloths a little larger than the pattern calls for. I also made a Petal Dishcloth for them but forgot to take a picture before I took it to church.

The next dishcloth is in the garter rib pattern. Using US 8 needles, cast on 39 stitches. Row 1: K2, P2 across to the last 3 stitches. K3. Repeat until it's the length you desire.


This dishcloth went to North Carolina with Alek. Yes, my youngest child decided he needed to move out on his own. This is fine with us but did he have to move 700 miles away? Apparently so. He wanted no snow and warmer temperatures.

The yarn is Lily Sugar 'n Cream Original in Renegade. It's a larger skein than normal. I made him a Grandmother's Favorite cloth using the rest of the skein.

Here is another garter rib cloth. This one is for my daughter, Ariane. She is in the process of buying a house with her boyfriend. The kitchen countertops are a dark red and this was the only skein of cotton I could find in my local JoAnn's Fabrics that had any red in it.



Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream in American Stripes. I'm making a Grandmother's Favorite from the rest of the skein but I don't think I'm going to have enough to finish it. I'll either have to make the decrease half in white or buy another skein of the American Stripes.

I have another garter rib cloth on the needles right now. I'm using up some partial skeins of cotton so these will be Monster cloths.

This last picture is not of a dishcloth. It's the Monkey socks that I mentioned in my last post.



Yarn: Mama Llama Sock II in Venice

I knit a couple of rows and found I have one too many stitches so I have to find the error before I can proceed any further.

And now I have to head up to Alek's room to pack up stuff. He took a good portion of it with him but not everything. So I'm cleaning it out and this room will be a guest/craft room. That's good incentive to clean it out.

3 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Great dishcloths! They really are wonderful to use and always so appreciated! I am in love with your monkey socks! The colorway is just georgous! I hope the fix is easy. :)

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

Love your cloths. I have been wanting to make the Monkey socks, and looking at yours makes me want to even more. Hope you get that wayward stitch straightened out and can get back to work on it.

I am dreading the day when Liat goes into the army and won't be living at home.

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your pattern for the monkey socks - are there free instructions available for the adult monkey socks on the internet? LittleLee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home