Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Baby Surprise Jacket

Spending most of the week at the campground by myself meant some quality knitting time. I finished the Baby Surprise Jacket yesterday morning. Here it is in it's "amoeba" state.



Really doesn't look much like a baby sweater, does it? But, fold it just so and voila! You have a wearable garment.



I still have to sew the shoulder seams, decide if I want to just crochet an edging or make a collar, and sew on the buttons. I actually have 4 light blue buttons with me that match perfectly.

Now that Scott is done with the furnace and a/c installation, I probably won't do the finishing touches until we are home. Yesterday had some fairly severe thunderstorms but we were at an outlet mall so it didn't matter to us. I found a copy of Debbie Bliss's New Baby Knits for $3.99 at a discount bookstore. It has some beautiful patterns - Fair Isle, Aran, Guernsey - and I want to try them all.

Today I think we're going to an arts festival in Rochester with Ariane and possibly Mike. I don't know how excited he is about going so he might just meet us later for dinner. At any rate, it should be fun.

Now I have to decide what project I want to work on next. I need to finish a pair of socks for July and have 3 started pairs with me. I also have a top down baby sweater by Fiber Trends that was started before the Baby Surprise.

And while I'm trying to decide, I've been working on yet another dishcloth. I'd like to have a stockpile of them on hand. There was one in my "finished projects" basket but I luckily brought it with me. I only had one dishcloth packed in the trailer and that's not enough for a week. So I don't have any more dishcloths stockpiled.

And now it's time to think about breakfast and my next project!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger JakkiMitch said...

We're at the same stage of our BSJs! When I get off the computer, I'm going to sew up the shoulder seams and maybe to an I-cord opening/neck edge. I've got the buttons ready to go, too!.

(This is my 2nd BSJ.)

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Tonya said...

Don't you just love the jaquard yarns? I know I love bsj's made with them
Tonya

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Susan said...

really cute bsj! I must try one!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That is so adorable! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home