Monday, August 24, 2009

It's that time!

It's that time of year when I start thinking of charity knitting. Usually because Ann from Sheep Shots posts about the Mittenz Blitz for the Cheyenne River Reservation. So far I've made two pairs of mittens this week.




They are 4 needle mittens from Leisure Arts #391 "Mittens and Hats to Knit" by Marion Graham. I've had this book for years but never tried the 4 needle pattern from it. I wish I had sooner because I find these mittens very quick and easy to make. I'm using Red Heart worsted weight yarn. A lot of the yarn is from left over skeins that I have in my stash but some I purchased just the other day. Most of the stash I have is ombres so I needed to buy some solid colors to match.

I have another pair started in purples but they are on hold for the moment. Remember the baby from church that is celebrating her 1st birthday? Well, her parents have asked that in lieu of gifts people donate preemie and newborn items to the hospital where she spent so much of her first 6 months of life. So for the rest of this week, I am making preemie hats to donate. I started and finished the first one last night.



Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly DK #SH393, Size US 6 (4.0mm)needles
This is a pattern I printed out in 2005. I can't link it because the site is no longer viable. If you are on Ravelry, however, you can search Preemie Hat Pattern and find an archived pattern. It was written by Elizabeth Dimbleby.

And I have another FO to post this week. I finally finished that pair of socks that I started in June 2008. They came out nice but they are a little tight on me. Probably because I knit insanely tight on double points and these were made on size 1 (2.25mm) needles. Plain 2 x 2 ribbing in OnLine Supersocke Tropic #931.



And that's my knitting progress for this week. Now I have to cast on another preemie hat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home