Friday, July 31, 2009

More baby knitting

And the baby knitting continues!

This little pair of socks was finished just in time for my July Sock-A-Month KAL entry. I have a baby shower in the middle of August and I like to use a pair of baby socks or booties as the package decoration. These should work perfectly.



Yankee Knitter Design "Classic Socks for the Family" in Cherry Tree Hill "Sockittome" Cherry Blossom on size US 2 1/2 (3.0mm) double points.

Last week we had a pot luck dinner at church for the missionary family that we support. Susan is pregnant with their third child and we decided to "shower" them with baby gifts. They are serving in Niger, Africa so they don't really need any knitted clothing. Scott and I bought them a gift card and I made these three little bibs.

The first is the Bib 'O Love from Mason-Dixon Knitting. Very cute and very easy.


The next two are a crochet pattern found on Ravelry and at Peanutz Mom's Pattern Place. These little bibs are so quick to make that they can become an obsession.









I used Lily Sugar 'N Cream cotton and cute little buttons to dress them up. They are great for using up leftovers from making dishcloths. I foresee making many more as gifts.

Saturday we are leaving for a week's vacation. We are taking our annual trip to Wellesley Island State Park on the St. Lawrence River in the Thousand Islands. Even though our campsite is full hook-up (water, sewer and electric), there is no internet connection. So I will be out of touch with the cyberworld for a whole week. It will be tough but I'll get a lot of knitting and reading done. I'm still bringing my laptop in case we find a free wi-fi spot when we go into town. And if I don't get online while we're gone, I can still play Scrabble on it!

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger ~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Sue,

Those little bibs are so cute! If they get to addicting I'm sure there are Mothers all around you who would love to have them.
From KnitTalk
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home