Thursday, August 20, 2009

All baby, all the time?

Yep, I'm still knitting for babies! Here are my latest endeavors.

This little hat was made while I was on vacation in the Thousand Islands. Sue T. and I each knit one. I made the top of my hat differently than the pattern but it still worked out well.



The yarn is Zenith by Di.Ve' (100% Extra Fine Merino Wool, shrink resistant.) I liked working with it. The pattern can be found on Ravelry. Just plug Parallelo Hat into the pattern search. It's a fun knit. I didn't knit it with anyone in mind so it's going into the finished projects basket.

The next project had a definite destination. One of Scott's nieces was due in September but the baby was born in July. Little Maddy Jo was 2 lbs., 14 oz. at birth. She is now 3 lbs., 12 oz. and gaining about an ounce a day. She may even come home this week if everything goes well.

The baby shower was scheduled for August 15th and my sister-in-law decided to go ahead with it as planned. I knew I wanted to knit something but couldn't decide on a pattern. The Monday before the shower, I was in JoAnn's Fabrics and found "Pipsqueak Knits" by Jil Eaton. There is a cute sleep sack in it that I immediately knew was what I wanted to make.

So, I shopped the stash and found 2 skeins of Bernat Baby Softee in Peony Prints and cast on. Five days of concentrated knitting later, I had a cute shower gift.





I was pleased with it when I was done but if I knit it again, I'll make some changes. It will be knit in the round until dividing for the placket and the sleeves will be knit in the round, too. I'll pick up and knit for the placket differently, too. I wasn't very happy with the placket but it turned out okay.

My last picture is of the wrapped shower gift. You'll see that I used the baby socks from my last post as the package decoration.




I'm not finished with my baby knitting, either. Ariane's boyfriend, Mike, has a twin sister and she's due with her second daughter in September. I figure I should get ahead of the game and make something for her now. I think I might make a Baby Surprise sweater for her. And a couple at church had a baby girl last August who has multiple health issues. After many, many medical scares, she is turning 1 and they are having a party for her at church on August 28th. She's small so I think I'll make something in the 6-9 month size for her. Now I just have to decide what it is that I want to make. I had two weeks to make something when I first found out but now I'm down to 10 days. I'd better decide soon.

And while I'm deciding, I've been working on finishing a pair of socks that I started in June 2008 and making mittens for charity. But more on those when they're finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home