Friday, November 05, 2010

Knitting obsession

I have found a pattern that could prove to be an obsession for me. In my previous post, I showed you the Concentric Stripes Cardigan in iris and lime green. Since that time I have gone onto make 3 more of these little sweaters. I am only posting pictures of two of them as the last one isn't completely finished yet. I still have to sew up under one sleeve and put on the buttons. But here are the other two I finished.



This one was made in Rozetti Lollipop in lilac and an unknown white acrylic. It has little white heart buttons.

The next one was made from Plymouth Encore in pink, light green, and white. It has little white daisy buttons.



The first one is still in my finished basket with the iris one. The pink one and matching hat were gifted to a young couple at church who are expecting their first child this month.

The fourth cardigan which I will post pictures of later is done in Christmas colors - cranberry, olive, and cream.

I have put this pattern aside for now so I can work on some other projects but my mind keeps putting together colors to make the next one. Sooo many possibilites!

This next little cardigan I made back in March or April and donated to the church Palm Sunday auction. It was bought by a friend who gave it to her new grandniece. Just this past Sunday, her niece brought the baby to church wearing the sweater. It fit perfectly and looked adorable. I was so happy to see it.



The pattern is the Mock Cabled Cardigan from Leisure Arts #4453 "Knit Hoodies for Kids" by Jeannine LaRoche. I used Patons Decor yarn in florals varigated. It was an easy pattern but there was a lot of sewing of seams. A friend just made another of the patterns from this book and it turned out really cute. It's a seed stitch cardigan with a hood, pocket and zipper.

Now I'm working on a baby vest, a toddler cardigan, and a baby sleep sack. My daughter's friends are having babies and I'd like to give them something. Plus, I really need some more handknit socks and I have plenty of sock yarn to make them. But knowing me, you won't see any of these things the next time I post. There will be pictures of things I probably haven't even started yet.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Bonnie said...

These are so cute, Sue! Also, thanks for mentioning my Windowpane Cardigan and I hope I get to see a picture if you make it!
Bonnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home