Saturday, July 09, 2005

Knitting and crocheting content!

I have a couple pictures of what I'm working on right now. And I'm using the new Blogger image feature to insert them right in my post. Very nice feature.



This picture is a the ripple baby afghan I'm working on. I call it my "Lifesaver" afghan because the colors remind me of a pack of Lifesaver candies. The yarn is Caron's Simply Soft Brites.




This is a preemie hat and booties made from Patons Astra. It's for a 3-5 lb. baby. You can see from the ruler that the hat is about 4 inches high and the booties are about 2 inches high. The bootie is about 2 3/4" from heel to toe. So tiny! I still have to sew the seams on the second bootie. The next set of these that I make, I'm going to use double points for the hat. It has a seam down the back that I don't like.

I have the sleeves done on the pink/white preemie sweater and cast on for the body. I don't think the sleeves look like they have a Fair Isle pattern but it might be because there are so few stitches. I hope the body of the sweater looks a little more patterned. The yarn is really pretty though.



And that's my knitting and crocheting news for now.

6 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Sue said...

The pattern for the preemie hat, booties and sweater is from Patons Book #702 "Early Arrivals". Its a nice book because all the sweaters are in one piece either from the top or bottom.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful knitterlys!
I really like the afghan, such happy colors!
Hugs,
Kitt

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Flo Moyer said...

It's been a few days since the last blog--how's the blanket coming? :-)
Flo

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The preemie stuff is lovely! and that afghan is so cheery!

Oh and Welcome to RAOK =)

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The life savers blanket is beautiful! I wish I could crochet just to make one. LOL! ;)

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Kelly and Pixie said...

Did you knit or crochet the afgahn? I love it!!! i love the colors! All your stuff is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home