Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy 2006!

Okay, so I'm a little late with my New Year greeting. And is anyone really surprised?

These guys came to pay us a visit on New Year's Day. I glanced out the dining room window and wondered why we had a peacock walking up the driveway. Then I realized it was a turkey. I ran for the camera and went out the back door to find 5 turkeys checking out the birdfeeders! (Only 4 made it in this photo). They decided they didn't like having their picture taken and quickly exited the back yard. I wonder where they ended up?



I finished the Wide Rib Shrug from Vogue's Accessorize over the holidays. (See previous post for picture from book). It was the night before Ariane left so I don't know if she's worn it yet or not. The first time I cast off it was too tight so I redid it using a crochet hook. That loosened it up nicely. The only problem is that she's rather nicely endowed and wasn't sure if it was going to work as pictured. She'll play around with it and come up with some way of wearing it.



I made a couple of hats for afghans for Afghans. They want to send 500 wool children's hats out at the end of January. I used a pattern from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. The pattern was by Kim Hamlin. It's very easy and fun. Of course, I forgot to take pictures before I sent them out. I'll have to make another one so I can post a picture.

I would write more but it's almost 12:30 a.m. and I have to work tomorrow. Till next time...

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Beautiful job on the shrug! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home