Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Bunting we will go!

And here we have one finished bunting! I finished sewing up the seams at 1 a.m. and put the zipper in at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning but it was done in time for the shower at noon. I think it turned out quite well.




I enjoyed the oohs it got when she opened it. Annie, her mom, and 3 sisters all can knit so they appreciate the time and effort that went into the bunting. Her youngest sister, Alyssa, knit her a cute roll brim hat. I found out on the way to the shower that the sonogram showed she is having a boy. I'm so glad I went with the rainbow colors. Ariane and I also stopped at a local gift shop on the way to the shower and bought a cute Gund stuffed animal blanket and a puppet set. We had the store clerk wrap it and we were on our way. We made the wise choice of the blue puppy blanket and a purple puppet set. Mission accomplished!

This is another set of charity mittens. I used Red Heart Kids yarn in bikini (I think). I am working on a garter stitch scarf to match. Now that the bunting is finished, I can make a couple more pairs of mittens before the November 1st deadline.




I think next I need to cast on for a pair of short leg warmers for me. They actually only have to be ankle warmers. It is very cold under my desk at work. I have a small radiant heater but it's most meant to put your feet on to warm. If left on long enough, it will sort of warm the space under the desk but by that time, my ankles are freezing. Even if I wear wool socks, my ankles are cold. I thought an extra layer of wool in the form of leg warmers might help. I also need to make a pair of fingerless gloves so I can type and keep my hands warm.

Time to go. I need to get ready for church. Until the next installment...

1 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the bunting! The colors are perfect for a boy!

The mittens are so bright and cheery; they will be a welcome sight in the white of winter!

You are so amazing!

Ruinwen
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home