Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Which way is up?

I have discovered multidirectional knitting and I love it! I joined the Multidirectional Knitting group that was started by Iris Schreier. She wrote the book "Modular Knits". I bought it Sunday at Barnes and Noble and love the patterns. When I joined the yahoo group, she sent me a free copy of directions for the Multidirectional Scarf. Here is the beginning my MD scarf.


And a close up of the scarf

This is the Symphonie yarn by Plassard that I am using for the scarf. It's 100% wool and the color changes are long.


This pattern is very easy and so much fun to do. I have 3 1/2 of the 7 large triangles done now. I'll post more pictures later.



I'm also working on scarves, hats and mittens for the Yarn Yoga charity challenge. I finished a pair of 2 needle mittens from Patons Canadiana Colours acrylic yarn. Now I'm working on a matching scarf. I only have one skein of this yarn and I hope I have enough to finish the scarf. I cast 20 stitches onto size 11 needles and am doing a k2, p2 rib until I run out of yarn. The mittens are a child's size 6-8 so I should be able to get a decent size scarf from the yarn that is left.




I made 4 cloths for Cloths for Katrina but I think the group is having some growing pains. One of the list owners bowed out and there seems to be some questions about where the cloths are to be sent and the focus of the group. I'm going to hang onto my cloths and wait for the dust to settle. I think they are getting things figured out now. I wish them luck.

I was RAOK'd by Julie Wyant! She sent me a cute e-card. Thank you, Julie! I love the pig!!



Well, I need to go. I have to get ready for work. And I think my computer mouse is dying which makes it difficult to navigate. I'll take updated pics of my current projects and get them posted soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home