Saturday, March 18, 2006

New furniture!

This is a quick post for now and I hope to do a longer one in the next day or so.

One of the reasons for my not posting lately is that we've been redecorating the dining room. Today the new dining table and chairs were delivered. Aren't they pretty?




The new wall color is New Fern with Oxford Cloth trim. The chandelier is also new. Tonight after dinner we are going out to find an area rug so the chairs don't scratch the hardwood floors that Scott worked so hard to refinish. I'd also like to find curtains and maybe placemats.

The red bowl in the center of the table is the accent color that I want to do in this room.

If anyone is interested in the living room makeover that we did last year, check the archives for February and March of 2005. Each winter we pick a room and redo it. Next year the two bedrooms upstairs take their turn.

I didn't finish the baby afghan before the shower last week. So I quickly made up a pair of baby socks to go with the gift I bought. I used Paton's Astra and the Yankee Knitter "Classic Socks" pattern. I thought they came out quite well. Especially since this is the second time I've done the Kitchener stitch. I can see more socks in my knitting future but not on metal needles! My fingers were sore when I was done.



I'll have more dining room pictures to post in the next week or so as we get it put back together. I can't wait to get all the extra furniture out of the living room!

I also have a new LYS to report on and a knitting class that I took. So much to write!!

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Karen said...

It looks beautiful so far! I love the dining room set. I really enjoy looking at pictures of room make-overs.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Sue,

Socks are adorable!

I LOVE,love, love the color of your dining room! The red bowl makes for a perfect accent color for the room. Oh... I ant wait to see what rug and curtains you purchased. It would be great to find them with all your colors tying in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home