Friday, February 10, 2006

Socks!

Hmm, two posts in one week. There's hope for me yet as a blogger.

I joined a new KAL this week. The Knitting on the Road KAL is making the socks from Nancy Bush's "Knitting on the Road" sock book.



The pattern for Feb/Mar is the New England. This sock is lace done in fingering weight yarn on size 0 needles. I don't think I'm ready for that yet so I'm going to start with Whitby which they have already done. I'm using size 2 needles and the Gjestal Silja yarn that I bought on sale in Cape Cod this past September. I don't know how well it shows up in the photo but this sock has cables running down the sides of the center front. They should be very pretty.



So far I've cast on for this sock but haven't done anything else. I decided before I start on a new pair of socks, I should finish the pair I started in December of 2004. I completed the first one last night.



Fits perfectly! The pattern is Yankee Knitter Designs "Classic Socks". This pattern has instructions for 5 different size socks in 3 different yarn weights. That was my first Kitchener stitch toe and the instructions in the leaflet were very clear and easy to follow. I immediately cast on for the second sock and have about 1" of the ribbing done. I'd really like to wear both socks (not just the single one I've been wearing around the house) so I hope I finish the second one fairly soon.

As for the rest of the WIP's that are languishing on the needles - don't ask!

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Beautiful job! Love the colors!

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Cant wait to see the next pair. I bet your other foot is getting coooold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home