Thursday, January 26, 2006

Piffles!

I just used that word as my title because it rhymes with sniffles and that's what I have. Yuck! I don't get colds very often but I seem to be working up to one. And it had to start with a nice cold sore. Double yuck!! So far it just seems to be a scratchy throat and a slightly stuffy nose but I have confidence that it will escalate into a full blown head cold in the next day or so. C'est la vie!

I have been working on charity hats for a women's shelter in Michigan. That's the latest charity that Yarn Yoga is donating to. Here are the three I've finished so far.


The red hat is Wool Ease and actually has flecks of colors that aren't showing up in the picture. The blue/green one is Plymouth Encore Colours and the pinky one is James C. Brett Marble.

The red hat and the pinky hat were made from the same pattern which I found in "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. It's my new favorite hat pattern. I cast on another one last night in Red Heart Hokey Pokey and took it to my Weight Watchers meeting. They make for nice mindless knitting while I'm listening to the leader. (I've lost 26.8 lbs so far!)

The blue/green hat is from a pattern in "Knitting in the Round" edited by Joan Stouffer. That was an easy pattern, too, but it was boring for some reason. I think it's the rolled brim I don't like to do.

The "Knitting in the Round" book also has the pattern for the side cabled slippers that I'm supposed to be making for Ariane's roommates and friends. I think I'm supposed to be making 5 pairs and I have one slipper done.



We were in Rochester last Saturday to watch Alek run in an indoor track meet at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) and spent the rest of the day with Ariane. Alek had to stay with the team so he couldn't play with us.

We had a really nice day and a great dinner at a little restaurant called "pomodoro". While we were visiting with her roommates, Kate made a point of telling me how much she liked the slippers I had made for Ariane. Guess that means I have to concentrate on making them up, huh? Especially since the house they rent is large and drafty. I'm not sure if I'm going to make them all the cabled slippers or if I'll finish up a couple of pairs of the Fiber Trend house socks that I was making last winter. I'll probably make some of both. I have one pair of the house socks done and one other sock completed. I also have one Lopi sock done and the second one is on the heel flap so I could finish that up in a hurry. Now I just need to work on them!

The fair isle mitten has not progressed at all. I'm a little intimidated by the pattern so I'm stalling. And now I'm making all these hats, slippers and socks! I'll get back to it - some day.

Oops! Time to get ready for work. Ta ta!

6 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Love those hats! Knit Red again...love it love it!
(((hugs)))

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Ooops! I meant to add that I think that weight loss is phenominal! Way to go gal!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Thanks, Sallee! To both compliments. LOL. I have a cabled hat pattern that I want to try and I think it'll look great in red.

Hope everything is well with you.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,
Great hats, great slipper - and fabulous job on the weight loss!! Guess what, we have pomodoro here in Netanya. Weird, huh? ;o)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Hi Susan, you sent me a RAOK gift months ago that I never acknowledged. My sob story is on my blog today but bottom line is I'm sorry and thank you. I do really appreciate it.

That much lost on Weight Watchers huh? That's great! I just joined, you're making me feel like it was a really good decision.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I have a correction! The slippers are from the book Knitting in Bits N Pieces. Both books are put out by House of White Birches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home