Tuesday, April 17, 2007

MDK Miters

Here's a picture of my latest project. It's a mitered square from Mason-Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Meador Shayne.




It's knit from Lion Brand Wool Ease in Cranberry and Mushroom. I also have one finished in Forest Green Heather and Mushroom. I only need 78 more blocks to make this blanket.



I decided on Wool Ease for a couple of reasons. One is that I have a plastic tote full of various colors and the other is that Wool Ease can be machine washed and (hopefully) dried. I don't expect to get this blanket done anytime soon. It's more of a project to do when I want something easy to knit. I don't find it totally mindless but it's very easy to do.

There is a problem with the pattern, though, and I can't seem to find any errata on it. I end up with one extra stitch which throws off the bind off. I'm going to reread the pattern to be sure I didn't miss something and if I don't find the problem, I'll ask one of the online knitting groups.

Saturday Sue and I went to Remsen to Wool Haven Yarn Shop. We had a nice visit with the shop owner (unfortunately I don't know her name). She has lots of great finished projects all through the shop. I got to see a Tomten jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann and an Einstein jacket by Sally Melville. The samples made me want to make both of them. Well, except for the fact that they are both all garter stitch. I don't know if I can do that much garter stitch.

I bought enough Plymouth Encore to make a Knitting Pure and Simple cardigan vest and a couple skeins of Lopi for felted slippers. I also got a copy of Vivian Hoxboro's Domino Knitting. Mitered squares seem to be my thing lately.

I've been working on prayer shawls but I haven't finished one yet. I have to write up a short presentation for the Missions Committee at church. I hope there's enough interest to start a prayer shawl group.

Okay. Enough from me for today. I need to get back to work. Take care!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the pattern is okay... I didn't have any problems...

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your afghan - and all of your project ideas sound great! I have been thinking of making afghans for everyone, and pondering patterns and yarn choices - your post has given me a direction! Thanks. :o)

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't tried this pattern so I'm not sure if it's okay, but the book errata is located on the Mason Dixon blog site in the right column...Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home