Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nor'Easter 2007


You know it's going to be a long day when you get up at 6 a.m. and the weatherman on the local news tells you that the biggest storm of the winter is going to drop the most snow right on your village. The whole East Coast is getting slammed and most of our section of central New York is supposed to get between 1 - 2 feet of snow. Except for a bull's eye spot over the Mohawk Valley that could get up to 3 feet. And, yup, that's where I live.

The picture is of my husband running the snow blower at around 6:30 a.m. The snow started around 9 p.m. last night and by this morning there was 8 inches. But the heaviest snowfall isn't scheduled to hit until between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. And snow falling at the rate of 2-3 inches per hour for 12 hours adds up to A LOT OF SNOW! Oh, and did I mention that the winds are supposed to start and be up to 25 mph except for the 40 mph gusts on occasion. Plus the temperature is around 10 degrees F? Can you say "Blizzard"?

I'm going to be blogging periodically today. I'll post pictures throughout the day. I can do that because I am not going into work. There is nothing on my desk that needs my immediate attention. Hubby has to go in since it's a plumbing and heating business. He has 4 wheel drive on the truck so he shouldn't have any real problems. People who live up on the hills better hope their heat stays on, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home