Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Shoveling sugar

Remember the 9 a.m. picture of the air conditioning unit? Well, here it is at 12:30 p.m.



And this is a picture of Alek's car at 12:30 p.m.




Isabella decided she needed to come outside and supervise Alek and I when we were shoveling. And very shortly after this, she decided that it was a bit nippy out for a diva dog who had a hair cut yesterday. So she went inside.


Shoveling this snow is like trying to shovel sugar. It's very grainy and rather heavy. Alek and I were making slow headway when Scott came home at 1:30 p.m. and ran the snowblower again.


It's now 8:30 p.m. and it's still snowing. Scott and I each shoveled a little more around 6 p.m. and our tracks are completely covered. It's not supposed to stop snowing until 10 p.m. or later. So we should have our 3 feet by tomorrow.

I didn't do much knitting today. I did finish the Panta and started a Mystery Kal for Yarn Yoga but that's about it. So much for a knitting snow day!

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sue! I feel like I jinxed you or something. :o( I think You've more than made up for not having much snow last month, don't you? I have to say, though, that I love seeing all the photos. It really is gorgeous, especially for someone who doesn't have to deal with it. Stay warm and safe, and have a fabulous knitting weekend.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Bo... said...

Whoa...that is a LOT of snow! We've had a few flurries this week but I can't imagine the amount you guys have--especially the shoveling thing.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Windyridge said...

I can relate. I live about an hour or less, south of Syracuse and we got about two and half feet of snow. I think we were spoiled and maybe even thought we would escape winter entirely this year. Now that it's here, I am ready for it to be gone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home